Bien Cuit’s signature loaf combines a blend of rye and wheat flours, a whole grain sourdough starter, up to 68 hours of fermentation and a long, dark bake to create a loaf with maximum caramelization, a deeply complex flavor, and a sturdy crust— the best presentation of slow fermentation. This loaf’s dense yet tender texture and delicious flavor make it a pleasure to eat whether topped with a generous slathering of rich softened butter, used as a hearty base for a flavorful tartine or simply enjoyed on its own.
Bien Cuit’s name itself is taken from the French expression for “well done”, often used to describe the darkest, crunchiest loaves. At this Brooklyn bakery, their commitment to using time-honored techniques of slow-fermentation, which requires 16 to 68 hours for each loaf, and small-batch mixing allow Chef-owner Zachary Golper and his team to dedicate maximum attention to the baking process and create complex, innovative flavors that highlight local grains and seasonal ingredients.
This package serves 20 people and includes 1 Miche Loaf
- Choose to add a tote
- Due to Bien Cuit’s slow fermentation process, their orders require a 4 day lead time for production. Orders may be canceled only if we are notified more than 4 business days before they are set to ship.
Wheat, rye, water, sea salt, malt barley flour, ascorbic acid
Instructions / Storage
- Given the length of time since this bread first left the oven, it is suggested you refresh and enjoy immediately or freeze to be refreshed at a later time
- Frozen and wrapped tightly in plastic film, Miche may be enjoyed up to 2 months after arrival * To refresh from frozen, first allow 2 hours to thaw at room temperature before refreshing.
- To Refresh – for optimum texture and eating experience, refresh at 350 F for approximately 10 minutes on a preheated pizza stone or cast iron pan. Cool completely before slicing to serve and enjoy same day.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Bien Cuit ships Mondays & Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.